INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
Personal Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect personal information, including your name, cell phone number, and email address, when you provide to us by subscribing to a newsletter, participate in a survey or request the results of a survey, make inquiries regarding our products or services, participating in a promotional offer, providing us with feedback on our Website, or otherwise interacting with us. We may also collect general demographic information about you such as your political affiliate, party membership, religion, age, and the like. If this information is used to identify you personally, it is personal information to you.
- We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 16. If we find we have collected any information regarding a child, we will immediately delete the same. By using our Website, you represent that you are at least 16 years of age.
- When you engage in public actions such as commenting on articles on the Website, participate in a survey or other promotions that are designed to be visible to other users, including comments, reviews, ratings, or any items that you submit for publication, then the information disclosed in your activities, along with your name, image, or photo, becomes public and may be used for online and offline promotional or commercial uses in any and all media. If you choose to engage in public actions, you should be aware that any personal information you use can be read, collected, and used by us and other users. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit, in the course of your public activities, and we have no responsibility to publish, take down, remove, or edit any of your public postings or submissions.
Non-Personal Information Collected Using Technology.
- When you access and browse our Website, generally we do not request any personally identifiable information. However, we may collect, and track information provided to us by your device, including the website you came from, browser type, unique device identifiers, IP address, domain name, geolocation information, time and date of access and other information that does not personally identify you. We may use this information alone or together with your personal information to customize content and presentation on our Website. Non-personal information that we collect may be combined with other information about you.
- We may collect non-personal information about you through cookies, pixel tags, web beacons and similar technologies. Cookies are small strings of text sent by the Website to your browser which are then stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive.
- Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but it is possible to change your browser setup to allow you to control whether you will accept cookies, reject cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to you. If your browser is set to reject cookies, you may not be able to use or access all or a portion of our Website or features. In addition, advertisers may not recognize you when you return to their Website. The “Help” section of your browser will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
- The information, including the personal information, you provide to us may be used for any purpose we deem appropriate and may be given or disclosed to our affiliates, partners, vendors, advertisers, licensees and third parties. You acknowledge that you understand when you disclose personal information (name, email address, zip code) in connection with your use of our services, such information can be monitored, collected, and used by us or others and may result in unsolicited messages from other users or third parties.
- We may use demographic and preference information to provide advertising on the Website to target advertising. This means you may see advertising that is most likely to interest you, and many advertisers send their messages to people who are most likely to be receptive, improving both your experience and the effectiveness of the advertising.
- We may use your information to show you relevant ads on our services, through email marketing and elsewhere or measure the effectiveness of ads. To learn more about how you can opt out of interest-based advertising, please visit www.networkadvertising.org
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION.
- We may provide, share, or sell your information, including your personal information, to third parties, such as service providers, vendors, and advertisers, for a variety of purposes, including, for direct marketing purposes. We disclose to third parties all of the information that we collect online about you for marketing purposes.
- We may share in aggregate, statistical from non-personal information regarding the visitors to our Website, traffic patterns and Website usage with our affiliates, investors, advertisers or other third parties.
- We may disclose your information when required to do so by law or in response to a request from a law enforcement agency or authority, subpoena, court order or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- If we merge with another company or business, we may include your information among the transferred assets. If we sell our assets, your information will be transferred in such sale.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES.
Our Website may offer links to other websites, including links embedded in advertisements and links to various news sources that are not under our control. Such links to other websites may have information policies and practices different from ours. We do not own or control such companies and websites and are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of such websites. We do not endorse any other website.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION.
We use reasonable industry-accepted technology and controls to protect your data from disclosure to unauthorized third parties. Although these measures have been found by our industry to be effective, use of the Internet and computer systems remain vulnerable to unauthorized access. Thus, we do not guarantee that all information you provide to us will be 100% secure. Use the internet and our website at your own risk. We are not responsible for third party conduct outside of our control.
If, at any time, you prefer not to receive email marketing information, surveys, or newsletters from us, simply follow the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email or email us at [email protected]
CALIFORNIA CCPA AND CPRA NOTICE.
Effective Date: January 1, 2023
Information We Collect.
As set forth in our primary policy, we collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information”). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
We have collected the following categories of personal information within the last 12 months as defined in the CCPA:
- Identifiers. First and Last Name, internet protocol address, email address.
- Personal Information. First and Last Name, address, email address.
- Commercial Information. Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered and history or tendencies toward products and services or response to advertising.
- Internet or other similar network activity. Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data. Through collection of your IP, we collect your general location, upon requesting services, or products or customer service we collect your physical address.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information. From information we collect as set forth herein and information provided by third-parties, we are able to profile a general understanding of your preferences, characteristics, and personal preferences to determine what ads or products or services you may be interested in receiving.
- Highly Sensitive Information. We do not collect this type of information.
Use of Personal Information.
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, payments, and prevent fraud.
- Customer support and to respond to inquiries, including to investigate and address concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website or advertising experience and to deliver content, product, and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email. We also use this information for targeted advertising through Google.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products, services, databases, other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our customers is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information.
We may disclose your personal information to a service provider, vendor, third party or contractor as set out in our primary policy. When we disclose personal information for this purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Otherwise, we share and or sell as the terms are defined in the CCPA and CPRA your personal information with the following categories of third parties: service providers, third-party vendors, and clients, our affiliated companies.
Your Rights and Choices.
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to and Correction of Specific Information and Data Portability Rights.
You have the right to request that we disclose and or correct certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third-parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- Sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will delete or deidentify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information.
You have the right to opt-out of any sale of your Personal Information by us. If you are requesting a product or service, this is an exemption from this right, and we will process your request. However, you have the right to cease all further sale of your Personal Information. You may email us or use our web portal and fully fill out the request form.
Opt-Out Preference Signal (Global Privacy Control)
You may use an Opt-Out Preference Signal, such as the Global Privacy Control (GPC), to opt-out of the sale/sharing of your personal information. However, this technology and our use of it is not fully developed by the market. Our database containing your information may not be linked to your browser identification and because your request to opt-out of sale/sharing will be linked to your browser identifier only and not linked to any account or database information as the connection between your browser and our database is not known to us, we may not be able to fulfill this request.
If you would like us to make the connection between your browser and your account within our database, please email us or submit the requested form through our website portal below.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights.
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. The appointment must be in writing and presented by your agent. If your authorized agent requests sensitive information about you then we may ask you to provide us with a sworn declaration to further verify your identity.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include:
- You will be required to provide your full name, email address, and zip code.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by email unless you request, we mail the same to you and provide a current mailing address.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. The only notice to you will be our posting of the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date.
Free Press Publications
6501 Arlington Expresswy, B105 #2196
Jacksonville, FL 32211